Department of Management Services
Rule - 60L-34.0071 Administrative Leave
(1) Administrative leave counts as hours of pay, but does not count as hours of work for overtime purposes.
(2) Approval of administrative leave, under paragraph (3) of this rule or otherwise, is limited to an amount necessary to bring the employee to full pay for forty hours of work in the workweek, the number of approved hours in the extended work period, or the number of hours in the work period. In no case shall the approval of administrative leave cause the employee to exceed forty hours during the workweek, hours in an approved extended work period, or hours in the regular work period for excluded employees.
(3) An agency shall comply with the following provisions when granting administrative leave for the reasons described.
1. Each employee may be granted up to one hour of administrative leave per week, not to exceed five hours per calendar month, to participate in the Governor?s Mentoring Initiative, including the following school or community voluntary activities:
a. Mentoring, tutoring, guest speaking and, when participating in an established mentoring program serving a school district, providing any related services at the direction of the program or volunteer coordinator.
b. Participating in community service programs that meet child, elder, or human needs, including Guardian Ad Litem, Big-Brother/Big Sister, Senior Corps, and Adult Literacy.
2. The supervisor may approve the aggregated use of up to four hours in any calendar month, provided the agency deems such usage appropriate for the delivery of services under sub-subparagraph a. and b. In such cases no further administrative leave shall be granted pursuant to sub-subparagraphs a. or b. until one week has elapsed for every additional hour taken in the aggregate.
3. In granting administrative leave for any purpose under this section, the supervisor shall take into consideration the impact of such leave on the employees? work unit.
4. If an employee does not use administrative leave as authorized in this section, the employee shall not accrue or be paid for such leave.