Department of Management Services
The Office of the Inspector General serves as a central point for coordination of and responsibility for activities that promote accountability, integrity and efficiency in government. Responsibilities of the Inspector General's office are to:
- direct and coordinate audits, investigations and management reviews;
- promote economy and efficiency;
- prevent and/or detect fraud, waste, and abuse;
- recommend corrective action concerning fraud, abuses, weaknesses and deficiencies;
- report expeditiously to the appropriate law enforcement agency when there has been a violation of criminal law; and
- advise in the development of performance measures, standards and procedures for evaluating agency programs, and administrative policies and procedures.
They also ensure an appropriate balance between audit, investigative and other accountability activities. Accordingly, the Office of the Inspector General is composed of two sections, Internal Audits and Investigations.
Florida Department of Management Services
Office of Inspector General
4050 Esplanade Way, Suite 217
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0950
General Office Email
|Walter Sachs - Inspector General||850-413-8740|
|Yolanda Lockett - Audit Director||850-487-9476|
|Tracy Corbitt - Chief of Investigations||850-487-9881|
|The format for DMS staff emails: email@example.com|
Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.
The Inspector General’s team encourages DMS members to contact their office when:
- a department employee or contractor is misusing state resources;
- a department employee or contractor is violating law, rule or policy;
- a vendor is misleading the department for financial gain; or
- someone is taking some benefit for "looking the other way."
To report cases of fraud, waste, and abuse or to share your comments and suggestions for the improvement of state government you can contact us, or:
- Comptroller’s Get Lean Hotline: 1-800-GET-LEAN (438-5326) or www.GetLeanFlorida.com,
- Chief Inspector General’s Whistle Blower Hotline: 1-800-543-5353