Department of Management Services
The Office of the Inspector General serves as a central point for coordination of and responsibility for activities that promote accountability, integrity and efficiency in government. Responsibilities of the Inspector General's office are to:
- direct and coordinate audits, investigations and management reviews;
- promote economy and efficiency;
- prevent and/or detect fraud, waste, and abuse;
- recommend corrective action concerning fraud, abuses, weaknesses and deficiencies;
- report expeditiously to the appropriate law enforcement agency when there is a reasonable basis to believe a violation of criminal law occurred; and
- advise in the development of performance measures, standards and procedures for evaluating agency programs, and administrative policies and procedures.
Our Department of Management Services' Office of Inspector General background sheet ( ) provides more information about the role and responsibilities of the office.
Florida Department of Management Services
Office of Inspector General
4050 Esplanade Way, Suite 217
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0950
General Office Email
|Walter Sachs - Inspector General||850-413-8740|
|Yolanda Lockett - Audit Director||850-487-9476|
|Tracy Corbitt - Chief of Investigations||850-487-9881|
|The format for DMS staff emails: firstname.lastname@example.org|
Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.
The Inspector General’s team reminds DMS members they are required to report a reasonably based suspicion when it is believed:
- a department employee or contractor is misusing state resources;
- a department employee or contractor is violating law, rule or policy;
- a vendor is misleading the department for financial gain; or
- someone is taking some benefit for "looking the other way."
To report suspected cases of fraud, waste, or abuse, or to share your comments and suggestions for the improvement of state government, you can contact us, or:
- Comptroller’s Get Lean Hotline: 1-800-GET-LEAN (438-5326) or www.GetLeanFlorida.com,
- Chief Inspector General’s Whistle Blower Hotline: 1-800-543-5353