Department of Management Services
Opening the Door to Business Opportunities with the State of Florida
How do I become a registered vendor with the State of Florida?
Vendors that want to conduct business with the state of Florida are required to register in the MyFloridaMarketPlace (MFMP) system. To register as a vendor with the State of Florida, you will need to register online at https://Vendor.MyFloridaMarketPlace.com. If you need assistance with your registration, including making updates or resetting your username and password, please contact the MyFloridaMarketPlace Customer Service Desk at (866) 352-3776 or by e-mail at VendorHelp@MyFloridaMarketPlace.com. (Reference: Florida Administrative Code 60 A-1.030, Florida Statute 287.012)
Check the MyFloridaMarketPlace " Maximizing Vendor Marketing Efforts (pdf 548.57 kB)" presentation, presented at the 2011 MatchMaker Conference and Trade Show. This presentation offers information and tips on ways to market your business to state agencies.
Where else might I need to register?
- Department of Business and Professional Regulation - This online licensing system allows users to apply for and renew their licenses to practice or do business in the state of Florida
- Department of State - File for status as a corporation, non-profit organization, partnership, etc.
- Department of Financial Services - Visit the Department of Financial Services Web site to register for Electronic Funds Transferring (EFT) and Direct Deposit .
- Department of Health - Professionals and licensees in the medical field can download application forms and renew licenses online; public users can look up licensee records and permit statutes .
- Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services - Download applications to register for insurance certification, private investigation services, private security, guns and school/training facility licenses.
- Office of Supplier Diversity - Become a certified minority business.
*Find a complete listing of helpful links at the bottom of this page.
How do I become a certified minority business?
You initiate the certification process when you register in MFMP. You must submit required documentation to the Office of Supplier Diversity.
How can I find out who my competitors are?
- Go the following website: http://www.MyFlorida.com/apps/spurs/spurs.main_menu_form.
- Select List all Categories for Commodities or List all Categories for Contractual Services and choose the class code that applies to your search.
- Continue to drill down to the exact commodity code by selecting the Group Code then Item code.
- Click on a title and you will be provided with a list of all the companies that are registered with this code.
How will I be notified about upcoming solicitations?
There are three ways to be electronically notified about upcoming solicitations:
- The Sourcing Tool: Register to receive bids through the state's formal competitive bidding system for contracts over $25,000. Once registered, you will be emailed when a solicitation opens with your registered commodity codes. To respond or view open bids in MFMP log in to the MFMP Sourcing Tool. (Reference Helpful Link#8)
- EQuote: Register to receive bids through the state's informal bidding system for contracts under $35,000. Once registered, you will be emailed when a solicitation opens with your registered commodity codes. To respond or view open bids in MFMP log in to the MFMP EQuote Tool. (Reference Helpful Link#9)
- The Vendor Bid System (VBS) The state of Florida's public posting site for bids, notices and grants. To register a contact to receive bids though VBS, wait two business days after you complete your MFMP registration. Complete the Add Email Notification section on the Vendor Bid System's Web site. (Reference Helpful Link#10)
What does it cost to do business with the State of Florida?
The state requires all vendors doing business with the state to pay a 1% transaction fee on all payments received. For more information on the fee visit the Frequently Asked Questions page on our website (Reference Helpful Link#13)