Department of Management Services
Human Resource Management
Florida's state employees are our most valuable resource. They are the face of state government. The Division of Human Resource Management works with agency personnel offices to develop human resource policies, practices and strategies. As human resource professionals, it is our responsibility to ensure that the State's HR policies and practices are designed to attract and support the employees who serve the people of Florida.
Human Resource Management helps the State Personnel System agencies (executive branch agencies that have employees in the Career Service, Selected Exempt Service and/or Senior Management Service pay plans) manage more efficient and effective human resource programs by providing technical assistance, training, and information in the form of:
- development of policy and program manuals and guidelines;
- administration of classification and compensation plans;
- development of statewide program reports;
- administration of training and professional development programs; and
- providing administrative oversight and management of the personnel information system to support human resource processes and transactions.
It is our goal to make the State Personnel System the model human resource system for the public sector. Through partnerships with entities from the private and public sectors, Human Resource Management researches and analyzes trends, innovations and best practices to incorporate these into human resource policies, practices and strategies to ensure the effective management of the State's most valuable resources.
For information on how to contact the Division of Human Resource Management, please choose the link below.