Department of Management Services
Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
The Department of Management Services has Emergency Medical Services (EMS) radio communication responsibilities statewide:
- To develop a statewide system of regional emergency medical telecommunications;
- To maintain the Emergency Medical Services Communications Plan.
- To provide technical support necessary to carry out the Florida Department of Health statewide oversight of Emergency Medical Services.
- To review communications equipment requests from hospitals and EMS agencies to ensure compliance with the EMS Communications Plan.
- To assist hospitals and EMS agencies with communications plan requirements or standards for any expansions, changes, or modifications.
- To approve requests from hospitals and EMS agencies for Federal Communications Commission (FCC) licenses for EMS frequency usage.
- To serve on the Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Advisory Council.