Department of Management Services
Most of the publications on these pages are available to download and print as Adobe Acrobat files (in PDF format). Please note that these publications are provided under the agreement that you will not alter them either in form or content. Individuals can request a copy and FRS employers can request multiple copies of publications published by the Division of Retirement. You may contact the Division of Retirement with your publications request. Outside the Tallahassee calling area, you may reach the division toll free at 844-377-1888. Otherwise, you may reach the division by phone at 850-907-6500, or you can contact the division by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Publications are available in the following categories:
|Helpful Links and Resources|
- Summary Plan Description FRS Pension Plan ( ) - Document that provides a summary of the main provisions of the FRS Pension Plan.
- Summary Plan Description FRS Investment Plan ( ) - Document that provides a summary of the main provisions of the FRS Investment Plan.
- The Actuarial Valuations page provides a copy of the FRS Actuarial Valuation as of July 1, 2014, and a copy of the HIS Actuarial Valuation as of July 1, 2014. (Links to FRS and HIS actuarial valuations for prior years are also available.)
- Valuation Summary ( ) - Document that provides disclosure information for FRS employers for the Fiscal Year 2012-13, based upon requirements of GASB Statements 25 and 27 and including the results of the July 1, 2013, Actuarial Valuation of the FRS.
- Participating Employers ( ) - Listing of the agencies participating in the FRS as of Dec. 1, 2014.
- In-State and Out-of-State Service ( ) - Handout that explains the options available to you regarding the purchase of creditable service under the FRS Pension Plan and discusses the features, requirements and cost of purchasing retirement credit for your in-state and out-of-state public service.
- What Option Should You Choose? ( ) - Information that assists you in selecting your retirement option.
- Joint Annuitant Information ( ) - Information that assists you in determining if a beneficiary qualifies as a joint annuitant.