Department of Management Services
The FRS Online link takes you to a secure website for retirees and other payees of the FRS Pension Plan. By logging into your secure FRS Online account you can access many features affecting your confidential personal information, including:
- Maintain your account Profile including your user name, password and email address;
- Enroll or change your direct deposit authorization for FRS payments;
- Update your federal tax withholding;
- Update your mailing address and phone number;
- View and/or print your most recent benefit payment information (benefit stub) and recent payment history including your tax withholding, insurance deductions and Health Insurance Subsidy payments;
- Print a pension verification letter (awards letter);
- Select delivery options (Communication Preferences) for uninterrupted mailings;
- View and/or print IRS Form 1099-Rs since tax year 2000.
Also in this section:
- The Retirement Payment Schedule page provides the dates when your retirement benefit payments will be available each month.
- Volunteer opportunities ( ) - DMS invites you to learn more about the volunteer opportunities provided by the Florida Department of Elder Affairs for retired public employees.
- Forms used by retirees - we've compiled any forms necessary for retirees or their beneficiaries in one place
- FRS Quick Clips - short videos about the FRS or key information
- Helpful Links and Resources - third-party websites that may be helpful to retirees or their beneficiaries
- How to Log In to FRS Online - PowerPoint presentation that explains the steps necessary for retirees to log in to FRS Online.
- Reemployment After Retirement - PowerPoint presentation that explains the termination requirement and the limitations on reemployment after retirement for FRS Pension Plan members.
- Beneficiary Designation After You Retire - PowerPoint presentation that explains the process for FRS Pension Plan members to designate and change their beneficiary information after they retire.
Helpful Links and Resources
- FAQs Retiree ( ) - Document that provides answers to questions frequently asked by retirees of the FRS Pension Plan.
- FAQs DROP ( ) - Document that provides answers to questions frequently asked by participants of the FRS Deferred Retirement Option Program.
- FAQs Direct Deposit ( ) - Document that provides answers to questions frequently asked about direct deposit.
- Glossary ( ) - Document that provides definitions intended to help you understand retirement terms used throughout this website. The definitions and explanations provided relate primarily to the uses of such terms under the FRS Pension Plan.
- IRS Information for Seniors and Retirees - Links to tax forms, instructions, publications, articles and other items of special interest to older Americans and retirees, including a link to 1040 Central, where you can obtain highlights of recent tax law changes, tax tips and news releases.
- Information for Retired Public Safety Officers Tax Exclusion ( ).
- DROP Special Tax Notice ( ) - Document that provides information for DROP participants including eligible rollover plans, payment options, tax effects and more.
- Tax Help for Senior Citizens - Link to assist senior citizens in filing their taxes.
Email your retired payroll comments or questions to the division. Please include your name, mailing address, email address, the last four digits of your Social Security number and your phone number if you require an answer from the division.
Document reader download link
IRS 1099-R Form
2015 1099-R forms are available. Log in to your FRS Online account to view.
Use your secure FRS Online account to enroll in direct deposit or review your current authorization. Enrollment and changes are generally completed in 7-10 business days!